but always going in circles, I knew I'd seen the tree before...

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Epiphany

I think I spelled that right, anyway...

I'm beginning to realize that some of my family is missing me alot even though I only moved a half hour or so away. But seeing as I am the first from that group to not live within 5 or 10 mins of everyone else, I guess that is a big deal. My mom has started calling me on my way to or from work just to talk, something we use to not do so often. My grandmother sounded so excited that we were going to be able to come to a family thing at dinner tonight, because I told her earlier in the week I didn't know if we could. The reason this is an epiphany is because I just never felt that my presence was all that important. Why I don't know. I mean I know they love me, but I am the one that is different from everyone else (the closest one like me is my mom), so I don't always fit into their "ideals" alot. I guess even if you are the "black sheep" of the family, they still miss you. If your not there, who are they going to pick on :)...

2 Comments:

Blogger genderist said...

It's always nice when you realize that your family misses you when you're gone... that you stand out as a person and are no longer "the granddaughter" or "the daughter" or "the cousin"...

It's nice to see a blog out of Nashville! It makes me homesick!

6:48 PM

 
Blogger MGal said...

Welcome genderist! There are actually alot of us, check out http://nashvilleistalking.com/, which is WKRN's blog that does a round up of the very active nashville blogging scene or http://nashville.metblogs.com/. I think you'll enjoy them! Thanks for stopping in, and I hope you come back!

7:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home