but always going in circles, I knew I'd seen the tree before...

Monday, November 27, 2006

I got hugged by a homeless guy on my way to my car

Yep, you read that right, hugged not mugged. He was nice, sober and clean. He walked up to me, shook my hand, and said let me tell you 3 things to remember in life. Think before you speak. Think before you act. And don't look down on homeless guys like me, because you don't know our story. He was very nice and we talked for a bit, he asked if I was married and if I had kids. What I did for a living. When I told him, he said you went to college for that didn't you. I said yes, he said your smart. He then looked at me and said, you don't look like you come from money, you worked your way through college didn't you. I said that and student loans, and I'm still paying on those. I handed him some money before I left and he gave me a hug. Said I was one of the few who would listen to him and didn't just brush him off as another homeless bum.

It was one of the best hugs I've gotten in a while...I think because he truly meant it. It made me feel really nice, and was a wonderful way to end the day.

1 Comments:

Blogger instant gratification girl said...

I really love this story. It inspired me to visit our local homeless shelter and donate some warm blankets and clothes to those who need them during our current cold snap here! thanks!
p.s. you've been tagged! see my blog for all the gory details! ;)

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home